What is the difference between PVB laminated glass and SGP laminated glass ?
Early laminated glass was generally made of laminated glass produced by PVB film; since PVB film was originally developed for automotive glass rather than for the building curtain wall industry, it has been used for many years in the construction industry, has a wide range of uses and achieved good safety results. However, due to the flexibility, softness and small shear modulus of PVB film, the two glasses will have relative slip, load capacity and bending deformation after being stressed. At the same time, the exposed edge of PVB film laminated glass is easy to be wetted and long. Time-use is prone to yellowing, so PVB film laminated glass can be used for general glass curtain walls and is not suitable for high-performance glass curtain walls.
The shear modulus of the ion film SGP is more than 50 times that of PVB and 5 times of the PVB when the tear strength is used. When the laminated glass produced by the ion film is stressed, there is almost no slip between the two glasses; The piece of glass is like a piece of glass, and the bearing capacity is twice that of PVB laminated glass. Under the same load and the same thickness, the bending of SGP laminated glass is only 1/4 of that of PVB laminated glass.
Compared to laminated glass produced by PVB, the performance of laminated glass produced by SGP film is superior because of the following properties:
1. It has high bonding ability to glass and strong tear strength, which can prevent the glass from breaking and scattering.
2. It has strong protective ability, can prevent natural disasters and human damage, and has sufficient resistance to strong winds, earthquakes, violence, theft, etc.
3. It can withstand the sudden impact of indoor personnel, prevent the glass from scattering or the whole out, and avoid indoor people and articles flying out and falling.
4. There is enough residual bearing capacity, and the whole piece will not fall off when the glass breaks and then bends.
5. SGP film has sufficient shear modulus to bend the entire section of the laminated glass, improve the bearing capacity and bending of the glass, and reduce the thickness of the glass and the weight of the glass.
6. Can withstand the effects of ultraviolet light, water vapor and external climate change, long-term use will not appear yellowing discoloration.
sign up for the latest catalogue, new design and promotion